From the Devices tab, you can view your inventory of devices and information about them, including their Serial Number, Model & iOS, Name, Last Seen, Status and any associated Attributes.
There are 3 device statutes: Active, Pending and Retired.
- Active devices count towards your GroundControl license.
- Pending devices include new devices uploaded via spreadsheet or added manually. Devices are pending until their first deployment. Pending device do not use a license. Pending devices can be deleted from the system.
- Retired devices do not use a license. GroundControl automatically marks devices as Retired when their 1-year license expires. You may also manually retire a device that has been lost or stolen. This frees up the license so you can use it on another device.
Devices that are Pending or Retired are changed to Active when you run a deployment on them.
Editing device details
To edit a device, click on a device row. The Device Details dialog opens.
Retiring a device
To retire a device, click on the retire button at bottom of edit device details dialogue box. We provide the Lost or Stolen options. We also provide the Other option, so that you may specify your device’s status as much as you want! After selecting your option, select Submit to Retire the device.
“Unretiring” a device
In the same fashion that you can retire a device, you can also “unretire” them. This is done by clicking on the Unretire box, which is located under Device Status. Clicking this will successfully change the device’s status from Retired to Active.
Adding One Devices
You can add to the list one at a time via the Add Device button.
Importing Many Devices
To upload a list of device Serial numbers and your Custom Fields, select ‘Import’ on the Devices tab. A CSV template is also available for download on the resulting Import screen:
Keep in mind:
- When uploading a CSV file, the first row is for column headers.
- You must include a column named Device Serial.
- Other column headers should match names of your Custom Attributes.
- Column names are case sensitive.
- Unrecognized columns will be ignored.
- When scanning devices, the ‘S’ prefix for the serial number will be removed automatically by GroundControl.
Here is a screenshot of the .csv file that was imported in the example above:
You can also Export a list of the devices in your GroundControl account from the Devices tab.