From the Devices tab, you can view your inventory of devices and information about them, including their Serial Number, Model & iOS, Name, Last Seen, Status and any associated Attributes. See this article for details on using Attributes.
There are 3 device statutes: active, pending and retired.
- Active devices count towards your GroundControl license.
- New devices uploaded via spreadsheet or added manually, are “Pending” until their first deployment. Pending devices can be deleted from the system.
- Devices retire when their license expires. You may also “Retire” a device that has been lost or stolen. This frees up the license so you can use it on another device.
You can add to the list one at a time via the Add Device button, or Import a list of devices in .csv format (see details below).
Editing device details
To Edit Device details, simply click on a device row to select a device.
Retiring a device
To retire a device, click on the retire button at bottom of edit device details dialogue box, tell us the reason you are retiring the device and submit.
Importing and exporting List of Devices
To upload a list of device Serial numbers and your Custom Fields, select ‘Import’ on the Devices tab. A CSV template is also available for download on the resulting Import screen:
A few random things to keep in mind:
- When uploading a CSV file, the first row is for column headers. You must include a column named “Device Serial.”
- Other column headers should match names of your Custom Fields. Unrecognized columns will be ignored.
- When scanning devices, the ‘S’ on the serial number needs to be removed.
Here is a screenshot of the .csv file that was imported in the example above:
You can also Export a list of the devices in your GroundControl account from the Devices tab.