On the MDM tab in Admin, you can configure GroundControl to enroll devices touch-free into your Mobile Device Management system. GroundControl works with most MDM systems, using the same configuration profile as Apple Configurator. We’ve published specific instructions for popular MDMs here:
- AirWatch (API Capable)
- Casper Suite
- Citrix XenMobile (API Capable)
- MaaS360 (API Capable)
- MobileIron Cloud (API Capable)
- MobileIron Core (API Capable)
For AirWatch, MaaS360 and MobileIron Core, GroundControl can do even more. When you optionally add API credentials, GroundControl will interact with your MDM before and after each deployment.
- Delete/Retire device (AirWatch, MaaS360, MobileIron Cloud, MobileIron Core) — Ensure that every enrollment is treated as new by the MDM, encouraging MDM to push apps and policies as quickly as possible. There is no switch for this; GroundControl automatically enables this feature when you add valid MDM API credentials in Admin.
The following features are configured in the Enroll in MDM workflow action:
- Register Device to User (AirWatch, MaaS360, MobileIron Cloud) — Assign the device to a specific AirWatch or Active Directory user you specify. If you use an attribute for the user, each device can be assigned to a unique user. No password is required to assign users, only their Active Directory username.
- Change Organization Group (AirWatch) — Change the device organization group after enrollment. If you use an attribute for the organization group, each device can have a unique Organization Group. This allows you to stage all devices to a common group, then individually reassign devices without the AirWatch console.
- Add Labels (MobileIron Core) — Specify a list of comma-delimited labels to assign to a device after successful enrollment. Labels are assigned as part of the workflow. If you use an attribute for labels, each device can have unique labels. You must create the labels in your MDM before using them in GroundControl.