Console Admins can enable (or disable) automatic upgrades for registered Launchpads. By default, your organization will have automatic upgrades enabled, keeping all of your Launchpads up to date as releases are made available.
- When this setting is enabled, even offline Launchpads will be upgraded automatically to the latest version of GroundControl once they’re connected and running.
- Automatic upgrades of Launchpads requires that the local Mac user be a macOS local admin, or the GroundControl.app must be installed in a directory the local user has full file permissions over.
- Many organizations may wish to disable this setting for production use. This allows you to more carefully manage your workstations, and test new Launchpad releases. You can manually update one or more Launchpads using the Launchpads List or Launchpad Detail pages.
Smart Hub Features
This setting allows for your Launchpad to display USB port number, charging rate, and control status LEDs on supported hardware. For more information, see About Smart Hub Services.
Device Passcode Management
Apple devices will not fully connect to GroundControl when they are locked with a passcode. GroundControl has a critical feature to clear passcodes — using MDM commands — when devices are not pairing.
- The dialog displays any MDM Server you have configured with API integration. Select the server(s) that will be used for your device enrollment.
- GroundControl will clear passcodes only from devices managed by GroundControl. Those are devices with a device status of Active or Retired.
- Whether the server sends a clear passcode command or not, the Launchpad will attempt to pair with devices for up to 5 minutes.
- If still unpaired after 5 minutes, GroundControl may automate force recovery — erasing and updating devices. This is helpful for Wi-Fi-only devices that are password-locked and have not been unlocked since their last reboot.
Launchpad Monitoring is recommended for production Launchpads in use 24×7. For instructions on how to get started, see the Launchpad Monitoring article.
You may customize which columns are displayed on the Launchpad app and the Launchpad Details page.
Custom Launchpad Options
Contact us at support.imprivata.com for questions regarding this feature.