Scheduled Workflows allow you to run Workflows on an ad-hoc basis, or on a daily, weekly and monthly cadence to connected devices.
This is useful if you want to schedule iOS updates, a process that reboots devices on a regular basis to fix minor issues, and much more.
Some things to consider:
- Scheduled rules do not queue up if a device is in the middle of a deployment.
- Deployments may be staggered across Launchpads to avoid deploying to all devices at once.
- Not supported for Over-the-Air (OTA) workflows; only connected devices are eligible.
To configure an Automation rule:
1. Navigate to the Automation tab then click New Rule. Enter a descriptive schedule name, then click Set a new schedule.
2. Using the On this date and At this time controls, set the date when your schedule should begin and the time.
3. Specify how often the schedule repeats: Never, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
4. Scheduled Workflows support additional conditions. For example, you can set a schedule to only upgrade devices on a specific version of iOS.
5. Choose your Workflow(s) and click Save. Click Enable Rule to set up your schedule.