Check Out and Password AutoFill have the following prerequisites.
Check Out Prerequisites
- Imprivata must enable this feature for you. There may be an additional charge depending on your current GroundControl License. When it is available in your organization, turn on the feature in Admin > Check Out.
- Imprivata Locker App:
- MDM: Your devices must be managed by an MDM.
- Devices enrolled in Apple Business Manager (formerly known as Device Enrollment Program or DEP), non-DEP devices are supported. If using DEP, DEP Supervision Identity features must be enabled.
- Android devices must be managed by an MDM. VMware Workspace ONE (formerly AirWatch) and Microsoft Intune are supported.
- The locked devices must be able to reach your GroundControl server (usually www.groundctl.com) on HTTPS/443.
- Devices using Password AutoFill require access to the Imprivata appliance over the network. Make sure your network firewall allows access.
- Notifications: The Imprivata Locker app requires notification access. You must set up a profile in your MDM to allow Locker to display notifications.
- NOTE: iOS only allows for a single notification profile to be installed on a device. If you already have an existing profile in your MDM that sets notifications, add the Imprivata Locker app to it, rather than create a new profile.
- Passcode Management: GroundControl cannot automatically connect to passcode locked devices. If you are enforcing passcodes in your organization, the passcode must be cleared via MDM when using Check Out. For more information, see this article.
- Licensing: When using Check Out integrated with Imprivata OneSign, a Imprivata OneSign Authentication Management license is required.
Password AutoFill Specific Prerequisites
- For iOS devices:
- Imprivata Locker app (iOS) 3.0 or later.
- Devices must be on iOS 14.1 or later.
- Each device must be set up manually to use the Imprivata’s AutoFill extension — unfortunately there is no way to do this automatically using MDM or GroundControl. To configure, see these instructions.
- For Android devices:
- Imprivata Locker app (Android) 1.1 or later.
- Devices must be on Android OS 9 or later.
- Imprivata OneSign is required. All currently maintained versions of Imprivata OneSign are supported.
- Imprivata OneSign licenses. SSO licenses are required for AutoFill users, in addition to Imprivata OneSign Authentication Management licenses,
- MDM must allow autofill features vihttps://support.imprivata.com/CommunitySecureHelpRedirect?helpLink=/Content/Topics/OSSupportedComponents.htm&version=01RefArcha Restrictions profile, if disabled.
- Proximity Card Reader: GroundControl supports a number of Imprivata’s USB-Connected proximity card readers such as the Imprivata 82.
- SmartHub Docking Station: GroundControl requires use of an Imprivata LED-enabled SmartHub for Check Out and Check In Workflows.