Check Out and Password AutoFill have several prerequisites:
- Imprivata must enable this feature for you. There may be an additional charge depending on your current GroundControl License. Once available in your organization, turn on the feature in Admin> Check Out.
- App: Your organization must be enrolled in Apple’s iTunes Volume Purchase Program to obtain the “Imprivata Locker” app. See the next section for more information.
- DEP: Both DEP and non-DEP devices are supported. If using DEP, DEP Supervision Identity features must be enabled
- Network: The locked devices must be able to reach your GroundControl server (usually www.groundctl.com) on HTTPS/443. Devices using Password AutoFill require access to the OneSign appliance over the network. Make sure your network firewall allows access.
- Notifications: The Imprivata Locker app requires notification access. By far the best way to enable notifications is to use your MDM to create a notifications profile. By setting notifications in your MDM, you will avoid “Allow Notifications?” prompts on the devices. iOS only allows for a single notification profile to be installed on a device. If you already have an existing profile in your MDM that sets notifications, add the Imprivata Locker app to it, rather than create a new profile.
- Passcode Management: GroundControl cannot automatically connect to passcode locked devices. If you are enforcing passcodes in your organization, the passcode must be cleared via MDM when using check out. Please check this article for more information.
Password AutoFill specific prerequisites:
- Imprivata Locker app 3.0 or later. GroundControl Locker 2+ does not support Password AutoFill.
- OneSign is required for Password AutoFill. All currently maintained versions of OneSign are supported.
- OneSign Authentication Management and SSO licenses for required for AutoFill users
- Devices must be on iOS 14.1 or later
- MDM must allow autofill features via Restrictions profile, if disabled.
- Each device will need to be set up manually to use the Imprivata’s AutoFill extension — unfortunately there is no way to do this automatically using MDM or GroundControl. See instructions here for set up.
- Proximity Card Reader: We support USB-connected proximity card readers from RFIDeas, such as model RDR-80582AKU (Amazon Link).
- iPhone Dock: Although not strictly required, this feature works best with LED-enabled Smart USB Hubs.