The Check In Device workflow action will launch the Imprivata Locker app, and lock the phone. The action supports several options.
The version of Imprivata Locker to lock. For most customers using iOS devices, this should be set to “Locker 3 VPP”.
Before locking the device, GroundControl can perform one or more actions on the device to log out of apps.
Imprivata has created a standard for logging out of apps, called Universal Link Callbacks. GroundControl can log out of any app that follows this standard. We publish a list of apps supporting GroundControl on our site.
Apps fully supporting Universal Link Callbacks
- Vocera Vina
Apps partially supporting Logout (no GroundControl configuration required)
- Epic Rover — hide Rover on check-in to suppress notifications
- Mobile Heartbeat MH-CURE — enable MHB’s “logout when connected to power” for best results
Apps supporting an older standard, requiring additional taps on first use
- Voalte One
Adding New Logout Actions
As apps are adding integration with Imprivata GroundControl, we allow customers to add their own custom integrations to GroundControl, so you don’t need to wait for a product update from us.
In Admin > App Logout, GroundControl displays all configured App Logout schemes.
Click Add App to add a new app with a logout action.
- App Name: this field is for your own purpose, but we recommend using both the app developer and app name, like “Imprivata Cortext”.
- Logout Method: Set this according to the logout method supported by your app. GroundControl supports the following logout methods:
- Universal Link Callback — more info in our ULC documentation. This method is strongly recommended.
- x-callback-url — more info at x-callback-url.com
- Interapp callback — use this for other callback mechanisms using Interapp-style (“app://…”) links
- Logout URI: Enter the app’s appropriate logout URL or URI here.
- Universal Link Callback — enter a URL to the app’s associated domain. The URL must begin with “https://” and should include the path to the app’s logout action. Do not include “ulc-success” or “ulc-failure” as GroundControl will add these as needed.
- x-callback-url — enter the URI to the app’s logout callback. These will not begin with “https://” but with a URI scheme specific to the app, such as “your-app://x-callback-url/…”. Do not include “x-success” or “x-failure” as GroundControl will add these as needed.
- Interapp callback — like x-callback-url, these will start with an app name and not “https://”. The Interapp callback URI must include the string “[CALLBACK]” somewhere in your URI. GroundControl will replace that token with an appropriate callback URL.
Once you add the new app logout, you may select the option in your workflow Check In actions.
Built in apps can be removed from check in actions to keep the list short and applicable only to apps used in your environment, but can easily be re-added by selecting + in the Apps Removed from Check In workflows section.