GroundControl locks devices using its Imprivata Locker app, available for iOS and Android devices.
Configure an Emergency Unlock PIN
What happens when someone accidentally unplugged a cable, or the network is offline? At some point you may need to unlock a device when GroundControl is not available. The Imprivata Locker app includes a feature to unlock phones in case of emergencies. Unlock PIN is an optional feature and is not a requirement.
The Unlock PIN is configured via AppConfig in your MDM server.
- PIN entry requires no GroundControl access and no network access to unlock the device.
- The Unlock PIN may be any number between 4 and 8 digits.
- You may change the Unlock PIN as often as you like.
- You may assign different Unlock PINs to different groups of devices, using AppConfig features on your MDM server.
Once set up, unlocking a phone is easy.
- Unplug one of the locked devices from USB.
- Tap the padlock icon to display the numeric keypad.
- Enter the Unlock PIN.
When the device has been unlocked in this way, GroundControl records the device was “Unlocked by PIN,” but does not know the identity of the user.
Like passwords, we recommend that you change the Unlock PIN regularly.
Like any well-mannered app, Imprivata Locker supports AppConfig.