Both GroundControl and Apple Configurator fail to fully dismiss setup screens when provisioning iOS 14 devices. Devices remain on the “Hello” screen and fail to load MDM apps.
What configurations does this effect?
- The following iOS versions: 14.0, 14.0.1, 14.1 and 14.2 beta (Note: This is likely to impact future versions as well until Apple releases a fix)
- DEP iPhones on both Mac and Windows Launchpads.
Workaround to allow provisioning to proceed
- For iPhone 6s, 7 or 8: At the Hello screen, press the home button
- For iPhone X, XS, Xr or 11: At the Hello screen, swipe up
Imprivata GroundControl’s response
We have reported this to Apple and await their response. We will continue to test this workflow to validate whether it has been fixed in later iOS versions.
We have no plans to develop a workaround at this time. Our research thus far indicates that a workaround on the Imprivata side may be impossible and would at best be unreliable.
What can customers do today?
If you require unattended provisioning, we recommend keeping your devices on iOS 13.
We encourage customers to open a ticket with Apple support. In the ticket we suggest including:
- A description of the previous workflow which no longer works with iOS 14
- The number of affected devices
- The impact to your organization
After submitting a report to Apple, please open a support case with Imprivata that includes your Apple case number, so we can add it to our correspondence to Apple.