There are two ways to enable Location Services on your devices: manually after a deployment, or by restoring from a backup via a custom workflow.
To enable Locations Services manually:
- Create a new Workflow: it must contain an action that will enable Supervision Options to be selected. For example, adding a Set Name action to a workflow will automatically supervise the device.
- Under the Supervise action, click Options and select Locations Services from Show Setup Screens.
- Deploy workflow.
- Your device will not skip the Location Services set-up screen, allowing you to manually enable this feature.
To enable Location Services using a backup:
- Configure your device master and turn on Location Services under Privacy > Location Services.
- Create a backup of the device master by following the instructions here. (You can also use the backup included in GroundControl’s built in Demonstration Workflow).
- Create a new workflow, upload your backup and click Save. You don’t need to modify any settings under Supervision Options in your workflow.
- Deploy workflow and voila! Your device will automatically have this setting enabled.
To enable Locations Services on DEP Devices:
On DEP devices, you can also show the Location Services screen during device set-up to enable this setting manually. This option is configured via the DEP profile settings on your MDM, check there to adjust accordingly.